Kripalu respects the privacy of its guests and customers. We have adopted the following guidelines in order to inform you about how information gathered by Kripalu is used and not used to assist you in making conscious choices to provide opportunities for opting out.
If you register for programs, sign up for catalogs, subscribe to newsletters, purchase products, or otherwise deal directly with Kripalu, your contact information and a transaction history will be kept by Kripalu. This information will be used to send you Kripalu communications, such as catalogs and e-mails, informing you of upcoming Kripalu events. E-mail addresses and telephone numbers are never sold, rented, or disclosed to third parties. Names and residential addresses are shared with other carefully screened organizations we believe would be of interest to you. You can opt out and direct us not to share your name and residential address by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the e-mail to use to remove yourself from Kripalu’s mailing list.
- Kripalu may provide program presenters with the names, residential addresses, and e-mail addresses of the participants attending that presenter’s program(s). Some presenters gather additional information during the course of the program. We ask presenters to specify the intended use of the information they are gathering and remind participants that they are free to not provide any information.
- After attending a Kripalu program, many participants want to share their contact information with others in the program. Kripalu may facilitate this process by providing a printed roster with names, mailing addresses, and a space for participants to add their e-mail address. An option is provided for crossing your name off the list and thus not having any information provided to other participants.
- Kripalu gathers data from visitors to its website that is primarily used for system administration, compilation and analysis of anonymous user statistics, and site development. Kripalu does not share this information with third parties except as disclosed below.
- Information gathered on the site is kept on the secure dedicated servers of HostGo, a website hosting company; MyComputer.com, a site traffic tracking service; and RKG, a referral tracking service, as well as servers operated by Kripalu. Registration information, including credit card numbers, is sent from our hosting service to Kripalu by encrypted e-mail.
- When a survey appears on the Kripalu site, participants may be asked to supply personal information, such as name, e-mail address, and/or phone number. This information will only be used to notify participants of results. Survey information is collected, compiled, and analyzed on an aggregated basis that does not allow for the identification of any individual, except if otherwise stated. Kripalu may share this aggregated data with other individuals and business associates.
- A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser that your browser may then store on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept cookies or not. Cookies are used on the Kripalu site by our site-traffic analysis provider, MyComputer.com, for statistical site-traffic analysis only. A cookie is also used by visitors to our Kripalu Shop online to keep track of a "session" while visitors are adding to their shopping cart. As in the case of registrations, an encrypted e-mail is sent from our host to the Kripalu shop for order processing. Minors are not permitted to provide personal information to the site.
email@example.com or by mail at Kripalu Center, Attention: Privacy, Kripalu Center, PO Box 309, Stockbridge, MA 01262
Kripalu reserves the right to transfer any of its collected data in the event of an acquisition, full or partial, of the organization or its assets.
frequently asked questions
What can I opt out of?
A guest who “opts out” will not have their name and residential address shared with other carefully screened organizations, and thus they will not receive promotional materials from them. Guests can also opt out of receiving mailings from Kripalu. E-mails addresses are never sold or rented, but may be shared with the presenter(s) of a guest’s program(s) for contact purposes regarding their specific program(s).
How do I opt out?
You can opt out and direct us not to share your name and residential address by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the e-mail to use to remove yourself from Kripalu’s mailing list.
What information does Kripalu provide program faculty?
We provide program presenters with names, residential addresses, and e-mails for participants in their program. We allow presenters to gather more data, but suggest they inform participants of its intended use and provide and inform them that they can choose to opt out.
What if a group of program participants wants to create a roster of participant names?
We will provide a draft list of names and addresses, with a space for participants to write in their e-mail addresses. This list can be posted in the program room, with the group informed that they can cross their name off the list and not appear on the final list provided other participants.