Yoga in the Schools Symposium
John J. Ratey, Sat Bir S. Khalsa, Jennifer Cohen Harper, Traci Childress, and more.
Do you love yoga? Do you work with youth? Then you probably already know that yoga has an enormous positive impact on the self-esteem, resilience, and well-being of children and adolescents—and the most reliable way to ensure that kids experience this life-changing practice is to integrate it into their school day.
Join us at the Yoga in the Schools Symposium to build inspiration, understanding, and collaboration as we work toward the shared goal of bringing the transformative practice of yoga to as many young people as possible.
For yoga teachers working in schools:
- Share common challenges and best practices for acquiring funding, measuring results, and approaching schools
- Build collaboration with other YIS practitioners, researchers, and school leaders
- Learn the latest research to inform your program development and marketing.
For school leaders at all levels—teachers, counselors, and administrators:
- Learn how yoga-based programs can serve school goals
- Practice yoga techniques to share in the classroom
- Hear the latest research on yoga in schools.
For researchers studying the impact of yoga in schools:
- Network with other researchers
- Share your findings with school administrators
- Gain input from yoga teachers and school leaders to help fine-tune your research.
Together, we’re building a strong foundation from which to grow this powerful work, with the ultimate goals of empowering young people and creating thriving schools and communities.
Read a Q&A with Edi Pasalis, Director of the Institute for Extraordinary Living.
The Yoga in the Schools Symposium is made possible through the generous support of Beth and Peter Levin.