Directions and Travel
- Take Route 7/20 South from Pittsfield.
- Take Route 7A for 1.2 miles to Lenox Town Monument. Turn right onto Route 183.
- After 1.6 miles, at Town of Stockbridge sign and junction with Richmond Mountain Road, bear left; the entrance to Kripalu Center is immediately on your right.
From East or West
- Take Exit 2 (Lenox, Lee, Pittsfield) off the Massachusetts Turnpike (Interstate 90).
- Take exit ramp onto Route 20 West.
- After 4 miles, Route 7 merges with Route 20.
- 100 yards past the merge, turn left at the traffic light onto Route 183.
- After 1 mile, you will be at the monument in the center of Lenox.
- Bear left at the monument to stay on 183 for another 1.6 miles.
- At the Town of Stockbridge sign and junction with Richmond Mountain Road, bear left: the entrance to Kripalu Center is immediately on your right.
- From New York City, take the Taconic Parkway or New York State Thruway (Interstate 87) North to Interstate 90 East.
- Proceed as “from east or west” above.
Driving Times (in hours)
- Albany 1.25
- Boston 2.5
- Hartford 1.5
- Montreal 5
- New York City 3
- Providence 2.5
Online Travel Directions
For online travel directions, use one of the following maps for your destination:
- Albany Airport is the nearest airport to Kripalu.
- Kripalu offers transportation Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and some holidays from Albany Airport to Kripalu at 1:30 pm and again at 5:00 pm and from Kripalu to Albany Airport at 12:00 pm and again at 3:30 pm
- Cost for the shuttle is $65 each way. A full refund is available if you cancel at least 3 days (72 hours) in advance. No refund is available if less than 3 days notice is given.
- Please call Kripalu Registration for rates and to register. You must preregister at least 48 hours in advance for the regularly scheduled shuttle that runs on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday with the Kripalu Registration staff.
- For any other times, contact Tobi’s Limo service at 413-637-1224. www.tobislimo.com
Bradley International (Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA)
- Take a taxi into Springfield. Peter Pan/Bonanza Bus Lines travel from Springfield to Lenox several times daily.
- Amtrak offers one train daily from Boston, Albany and Springfield, arriving in Pittsfield, nine miles from Kripalu. Preregistration required. Contact Amtrak at 800-872-7245. Please note that this train is often late and a taxi to Kripalu costs around $25. Please plan accordingly if you plan to arrive via Amtrak.
- Metro North provides service daily from Manhattan to Wassaic, New York. To contact Metro North, call 800-638-7646.
Metro North Shuttle
- Kripalu offers transportation from New York State’s Wassaic, Metro North Station to Kripalu at 4:15 pm Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and some holidays.
- Cost for the shuttle is $70. Fee is nonrefundable if service is cancelled with less than 3 days (72 hours) notice.
- Return service to Wassaic is offered Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and some holidays at 2:30 pm.
- You must prebook this service at least 48 hours in advance with our Registration Department at 866-200-5203.
- Times subject to changes in Metro North schedule.
- Service from Springfield, Boston, Albany, Providence, and New York City’s Port Authority on Peter Pan/Bonanza Bus Lines: 800-343-9999, www.peterpanbus.com.
- Buses arrive at Lenox Town Hall; Kripalu shuttle service ($7 each way) available between 8:00 am and 9:30 pm.
- Reserve ahead.
- Kripalu provides a shuttle to and from the Lenox bus stop every day between 8:00 am and 9:30 pm.
- The cost for the shuttle is $7.00 and is nonrefundable.
- You must prebook this service with our Registration Department at 866-200-5203.
- If you arrive or depart outside of these times, you may wish to call Tobi’s Limousine Service (see phone numbers below).
Limo service is available from all airports and door-to-door from any location in the Northeast.
- Tobi’s Limo Service: 413-637-1224 www.tobislimo.com
- Abbott’s Limousine: 413-243-1645 www.abbottslimo.com
Note These are independent service providers. Providing the above contact information is not an endorsement of their services.