Ayurvedic Bodywork Training: Shirodhara, Vishesh, and Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya
Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, has 12 years of experience in teaching Ayurvedic daily living tools and Ayurvedic therapy techniques. She received her training at the New England Institute of Ayurvedic…
Full Bio & Programs
For bodyworkers (see note below).
This program offers training in the techniques of Ayurvedic bodywork. Under the guidance of Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, you learn
- Ayurvedic theory as applied to bodywork, including the five elements and three doshas, or constitutions
- How to use the body’s marmas, or energy points, in the healing process
- Shirodhara, a treatment using warm oil poured rhythmically on the forehead
- Vishesh, a rhythmic deep massage with oil
- Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya, a head, neck, and shoulder treatment using steam and nasal drops
- Ceremony and mantra, or sacred sound, to establish a calm and healing environment.
Note Oils are used in hands-on practice, so casual clothing is recommended. Old bathing suits or undergarments may be useful. We highly recommend receiving a Vishesh-Shirodhara treatment from our Healing Arts Department while you are here. Please book in advance of your arrival, and tell your Healing Arts reservationist that you are part of this training. This course is designed for bodyworkers; others should direct inquiries to Hilary Garivaltis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 27.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $560 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $855 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More