The Art of Reiki: Reiki 1
Libby Barnett, MSW, is a Reiki Master who brings 30 years of counseling and 20 years of Reiki practice to her teaching. Her experience as a medical social worker at Massachusetts General Hospital provides a…
Full Bio & Programs
Because your body is a constantly changing and renewing energy system, you have the opportunity in every moment to re-create yourself in wholeness. Reiki, a gentle, hands-on healing art of Japanese origin, reconnects you with your ability to heal yourself, others, and animals. It helps to reduce stress, relieve pain, balance emotions, and facilitate personal healing and spiritual growth. Reiki is based on the understanding that all conditions of imbalance are rooted in the human energy field, and it is these underlying energetic patterns that must be addressed and resolved in order to create wellness.
In Reiki 1, you
- Explore the applications of Reiki through slide show and discussion
- Receive attunements to empower yourself as a conduit for channeling life-force energy
- Practice Reiki on yourself and others.
Recommended reading Libby Barnett and Maggie Babb, Reiki Energy Medicine (Healing Arts Press).
Note A certificate will be issued upon completion, along with a Reiki pin and a Reiki 1 notebook.
- 8 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|February 27–March 1, 2015||Libby Barnett|
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More