Speak to the Heart: Teaching Yoga with Themes
Todd Norian, E-RYT 500, is the founder of Ashaya Yoga™, a style focused on precise biomechanical alignment. With warmth and humor, he teaches with the heartfelt intention of awakening others to their inherent potential for…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers and aspiring teachers of all levels and styles.
The skillful use of a heart-oriented theme can transform a yoga class into an exquisite experience. In this training, you learn how to
- Demystify themes and weave them into your classes
- Draw on themes from nature, yoga, relationships, yogic philosophy, mythology, holidays, and your life experience
- Introduce your theme in a powerful and captivating way
- Seamlessly weave themes with alignment instructions
- Find your authentic voice and allow themes to flow naturally from within.
Mornings include uplifting philosophical teachings and strong alignment practice with a heart theme, followed by discussion, instruction, and practicum. Afternoons include learning laboratory and practice-teaching in a safe, supportive environment.
Prerequisite Minimum 50 hours of teacher training, any style or equivalency, or with Todd’s permission.
Note Tuition includes the Art of Teaching Yoga with a Theme training manual; upon completion of this course, teachers may apply 29 hours toward Todd’s Ashaya Yoga™ 300-hour advanced teacher training program. For more information, visit www.ashayayoga.com.
- 28 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 28 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 82.30:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More