Neuroscience, Mindfulness, and Yoga for Transforming Trauma and Addiction: Professional Skills Training
Jim Hopper, PhD, an independent consultant and clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School, has intensively studied the psychological and biological aspects of trauma and addiction and their treatment. A 25-year practitioner in the vipassana and…
Full Bio & Programs
Dana Moore, MAR, MA, is a founding member of the Trauma Center Yoga Program and a regular faculty member at Bessel
van der Kolk’s International Trauma Conference. Dana teaches regularly with Bessel van der Kolk,…
Full Bio & Programs
For therapists, physicians, yoga instructors, bodyworkers, researchers, and others who work with traumatized people.
This unique professional training examines the roots of trauma and addiction through the lenses of contemporary neuroscience and traditional Buddhist psychology. It focuses on similarities between Buddhist theory and neuroscience accounts of aversion and craving, demonstrating how both can be transformed by Buddhist meditation practices and yoga.
- The fundamentals of trauma theory
- Relevant parallels between neuroscience and Buddhist psychology regarding trauma and addiction
- Trauma-sensitive mindfulness and yoga skills
- Buddhist practices such as mindfulness and loving-kindness meditation, and how these may transform the brain.
Handouts are provided for every presentation, including step-by-step instructions for each practice. In addition, participants receive questionnaires, assessments, supporting publications, and instruction manuals electronically.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and practice trauma-sensitive meditation and yoga techniques that can cultivate mindful embodiment, and transform habitual thoughts, emotions, and behaviors into openings for freedom, love, and happiness.
Note Visit www.jimhopper.com/kripalu for more information.
- 30 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $560 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $855 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More