Churning the Body, Freeing the Heart: A Tantric Hatha Yoga Retreat
Yoganand Michael Carroll, E-RYT 500, IAYT, is Dean of the Kripalu School of Yoga. Through many years of intensive study and practice, Yoganand has gained a profound ability to distill and interpret esoteric yoga texts…
Full Bio & Programs
For students with min. 6 months of yoga experience.
The tantric hatha yoga tradition assumes that we each develop a persona to fit into the world and forgot that we are anything but that persona. Tantric techniques—known as chalana, or churning—energetically disturb our persona, opening the possibility that each time it will reform a little closer to who we really are. When the difference between the persona and our true self becomes small enough, we can take refuge in the ultimate truth of our being. This retreat includes
- Intermediate and advanced asana, pranayama, and meditation
- An exploration of yogic ideals to see what’s appropriate for contemporary practitioners
- Immersion in tantric hatha yoga lifestyle and transformational experiences
- A safe environment in which to connect with a community of practitioners
- Encouragement to release your old identity and move toward truth.
- 11 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More