Lewis Mehl-Madrona, MD, graduated from Stanford University School of Medicine and trained in family medicine, psychiatry, and clinical psychology. He has been on the faculties of several medical schools, most recently as associate professor of…
Full Bio & Programs
For massage therapists and bodyworkers as well as those without prior bodywork experience.
Almost all indigenous cultures had direct, hands-on methods of healing. Learn the rare Cherokee art of healing touch in a workshop that includes
- Supervised practice of Cherokee bodywork
- Cherokee breathwork techniques designed to restore spirit to the entire body
- The incorporation of imagery and dialogue into bodywork
- The importance of ceremony, ritual, and intent in bodywork
- Osteopathic or “manipulative” medicine as a means of dialogue with the body
- Cherokee use of acupressure, energy meridians, crystals, and energy medicine
- A fire ceremony (weather permitting).
We’ll complete our time together with a prayer ritual, and ask for a blessing on the healing work we have done and the continuing journey that lies before us. This program is for those who want to practice giving bodywork as well as those who wish to receive it, and can accommodate those with serious illness.
Recommended reading Lewis Mehl-Madrona, Coyote Medicine, Coyote Healing, Coyote Wisdom, and Narrative Medicine.
- 22.5 credits for Massage & Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More