Creative Writing Sampler: A Week of Practice and Play
Heather Sellers, PhD, is the author of three books on the craft of writing as well as children’s books, three volumes of poetry, a collection of short stories, and numerous essays. Her memoir, You Don’t…
Full Bio & Programs
Expand your writing practice and deepen your powers of focus by tapping into new, creative, healthy habits. This program is for brand-new beginners, rusty old-timers, and anyone who wants to enjoy writing more.
In this workshop, you
- Learn three simple tricks to create more room for a writing practice in your busy day
- Jump-start your practice with writer’s recipes-and be amazed at what you can create in 10 minutes
- Explore a fresh way to begin writing, using the “see it, draw it, know it, be it” method
- Find ways to access the wisdom and power of your creativity by learning how to gently set judgment-mind aside
- Experience the power of writing as meditation
- Discover three new revision strategies that really work.
This sampler includes instruction, professional examples, in-class power-start practices, and optional sharing. Depart with a suitcase bursting with new creative work and a bundle of fresh techniques to try at home.
Recommended reading Heather Sellers, Page After Page (F&W Publications) and Chapter After Chapter (F&W Publications).
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More