Opening the Inner Temple: A Chakra Yoga Teacher Training
Anodea Judith, PhD, is a leading authority on the chakra system and its application to a Western lifestyle. She is the author of Wheels of Life; Eastern Body, Western Mind; Waking the Global Heart, her…
Full Bio & Programs
For advanced practitioners, yoga teachers, and yoga teachers in training.
Chakras are the gateways between the inner and outer worlds. The chakra system provides the architecture of the soul that brings spirit and body into union, the true meaning of yoga. This training with Anodea Judith focuses on teaching the chakras through yoga, and includes
- How to diagnose excess and deficient chakras
- Ways of addressing these imbalances through yoga practice and other techniques, including chakra-based Sun Salutations
- How to integrate the principles and energy of each chakra into the poses for a comprehensive chakra focus.
Learn to bring this profound formula for wholeness into your yoga classes. Working with the dualities inherent in tantric philosophy and emphasizing the unitive core, or sushumna, this workshop includes postures, pranayama, mudras, sounds, and bioenergetic techniques for each chakra. The first four chakras are explored through asana practice, and the upper three through chanting, meditation, and philosophy.
Recommended reading Anodea Judith, Wheels of Life (Llewellyn) and Eastern Body, Western Mind (Celestial Arts).
Note Tuition includes an instructional booklet. Please eat lightly before opening night.
- 28.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 28.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 28.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 100.50:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More