Deep Stretching for the Tight Bodies and Active Minds
Mimi Solaire, E-RYT 500, TRE, has an eclectic style informed by her training in yoga, dance, performance, the aerial arts, and Trauma Release Yoga. She studies traditional Chinese medicine, including qi gong and tai chi.…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
This workshop is perfect for people with tight bodies and active minds. Learn how to let go of stress, release the issues in your tissues, and open your energy centers. Mimi Solaire’s approach to deep stretching combines Yin Yoga principles (holding gentle poses), Western stretching methods, pranayama (breathing techniques), and meditation to gently re-engage muscles and un-engage thoughts. You work with both physical and energetic anatomy, and explore Trauma Release postures helpful in relieving tension caused by PTSD, surgery, and the cumulative daily stress of life.
Throughout this weekend, you
- Learn to identify and observe the thoughts and emotions that create tension and have a negative impact on your body
- Gain meditative insights into your issues
- Open doorways to deeper levels of awareness.
Mimi guides the group in practicing “the law of least effort,“ working at 80 percent of capacity so that everyone is safe. Her gentle, rhythmic practice stimulates your muscular, circulatory, and nervous systems, providing a balanced approach to align body, mind, and breath.
Note Please eat lightly before opening night.
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More