The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
Bessel van der Kolk, MD, is a clinical psychiatrist whose work attempts to integrate mind, brain, body, and social connections to understand and treat trauma. His research ranges from the impact of trauma on development…
Full Bio & Programs
Licia Sky, LMT, BFA, is a singer-songwriter, artist, and musician who integrates music, movement, vocalizing, conversation-enhanced awareness, and touch to foster safe, transformative experiences. Her dynamic methods are informed by polyvagal theory, the latest research…
Full Bio & Programs
For health professionals, therapists, yoga instructors, and others interested in the nature of trauma.
Overcoming trauma means fully engaging in the present without being hijacked by survival-related emotions and sensations. Success means allowing yourself to know what you know and feel what you feel without reentering the past. Recovery depends on physical experiences that contradict sensations and feelings of helplessness and disconnection.
This program, based on the practices of yoga and mindfulness meditation, includes
- Current research on trauma
- An exploration of how overwhelming experiences change the capacity for self-regulation and how imprints of trauma are held in the body
- How brain function is shaped by experience
- Specific techniques that affect regulation, the integration of dissociated aspects of experience, chronic helplessness, and the reintegration of human connections.
Your increased understanding fertilizes the application of effective trauma interventions, including EMDR, yoga and sensorimotor processing, Internal Family Systems, and neurofeedback.
- 8 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 10 credits for Massage & Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 10 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 10 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|January 1–3, 2016||Bessel van der Kolk, Licia Sky|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More