Writing Down the Light: Retelling Your Life Story
Joan Borysenko, PhD, is a Harvard Medical School–trained cancer cell biologist, a licensed psychologist, and a New York Times best-selling author. A pioneer in mind-body medicine, Joan is the founder of Mind-Body Health Sciences, LLC,…
Full Bio & Programs
The stories we tell ourselves can change our brain circuitry, our relationships, and our path through the world. They can elevate life to heaven on earth, or drop us unceremoniously into the fire.
Take this opportunity to rewrite your narrative in a workshop led by a New York Times best-selling author known for her tender exploration of the human spirit. Join Joan Borysenko to enter the realm of the soul and
- Create your personal Tree of Life
- Explore your life myths, both sacred and profane
- Harvest the wisdom of deep discontent
- Use the written word to transform darkness into light
- Explore the relationship of story to neurobiology and the three phases of transformation
- Change your brain and your life by changing your story.
- 5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More