Introduction to Yoga and Meditation
Megha Nancy Buttenheim, MA, E-RYT, is president and founder of Let Your Yoga Dance® LLC. She is a faculty member at Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica, and a presenter in Kripalu’s Certificate in Positive…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels, including beginners.
Do you want to try yoga and meditation but don’t know where to begin? Are you looking for a safe and welcoming environment in which to explore the basics? Kripalu teacher-trainer Megha Nancy Buttenheim has created an accessible weekend immersion that offers the practical skills you need to make yoga and meditation a part of your life.
This workshop includes
- User-friendly yoga
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) to calm the nervous system and steady the mind
- A sampler of four meditation techniques: seated breath awareness, walking meditation, meditation in motion, and metta (loving-kindness) meditation
- Daily immersion in deep relaxation
- A yoga-breathing-meditation practice to use at home, ranging from five minutes to an hour.
Come experience the potent range of benefits that yoga and meditation have to offer in this relaxing, renewing, and inspiring weekend.
Note Tuition includes Megha’s Introduction to Yoga and Meditation DVD.
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More