Iyengar Yoga for Back Care
Elise Browning Miller, MA, holds a master’s degree in therapeutic recreation and is a senior certified Iyengar Yoga teacher who has studied on numerous occasions with B. K. S. Iyengar and Geeta Iyengar in India.…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels, from beginners (min. 3 months) to yoga teachers.
This program teaches yoga as an approach to relief from chronic back pain, for conditions ranging from minor neck and lower back tension to severe scoliosis. Coauthor of Yoga: Anytime, Anywhere, Elise Browning Miller teaches how yoga postures, when practiced with the correct emphasis, can be extremely successful in alleviating this pain.
This program addresses
- How to use yoga to increase strength and flexibility in the back, focusing on the relationship between the spinal column, pelvis, and shoulder blades
- Beneficial classical and modified asanas for back conditions, including lower back pain, disc disease, sciatica, upper back and neck tightness, and scoliosis
- Anatomy, as it relates to poses taught.
Elise’s teaching is precise, down-to-earth, and nurturing. She encourages students to draw on inner knowing and to move safely beyond perceived limitations.
Special pricing Combine this program with Yoga for Scoliosis Part I for a ten percent tuition discount. Please call to register.
- 10 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 10 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More