The Joy of Living Meditation Retreat
Kell Julliard has taught Joy of Living programs in New York City, Chicago, Montreal, and West Virginia as a facilitator for the Tergar Meditation Community. He also teaches mindfulness meditation to health professionals at Lutheran…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Created by Tibetan meditation master Mingyur Rinpoche, the Joy of Living Meditation Retreat shows you how meditation helps create a peaceful mind and a joyful heart. Kell Julliard blends guided meditation, discussion, and presentations on the key points of meditation practice with video teachings by Rinpoche. With characteristic clarity and wit, Kell demonstrates how any experience can be transformed into a source of joy.
In this retreat, you learn how to
- Rest in open awareness, a state of spacious and alert presence
- Work skillfully with physical pain, difficult emotions, and destructive thought patterns in meditation
- Transform everything that you encounter during your day—sights, sounds, tastes, and sensations—into a perfect support for meditation
- Use meditation as the basis for a lifelong path of awakening.
These meditation techniques are a perfect accompaniment to yoga practice and training.
- 8 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More