Let Your Yoga Dance®: Teacher Training for Special Populations
Megha Nancy Buttenheim, MA, E-RYT, is president and founder of Let Your Yoga Dance® LLC. She is a faculty member at Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica, and a presenter in Kripalu’s Certificate in Positive…
Full Bio & Programs
Thousands of people yearn to move their bodies, dance, and do yoga—the elderly; people with Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, or Alzheimer’s; breast cancer survivors; and others with special needs who may feel marginalized and unable to move as freely as they would like. Let Your Yoga Dance is a fabulous workout and a delightful experience tempered for each student’s needs, providing therapeutic benefits on all levels—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
In this training, you learn how to
- Work with special populations
- Create yoga, breath, and dance experiences in and around chairs
- Provide a rich, complete, and powerful Let Your Yoga Dance class for those who need to remain seated
- Empower your students with spontaneity, creativity, and fun
- Focus on the individual needs of each participant
- Practice teaching in a safe, caring, and joyful environment.
Join Megha Nancy Buttenheim and learn how to bring Let Your Yoga Dance to people with special needs.
Required pre- or post-requisite Let Your Yoga Dance® Teacher Training: Chakra Fusion, Module 1.
I would highly recommend this training, even if you have no current intentions of working with “special” populations. The training introduced me to a whole new aspect of dance, and awakened my creativity. I think Let Your Yoga Dance for Special Populations is on the leading edge of something remarkable.
—Fern W., Toronto, Canada
- 37.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 36.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 37.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Read, Watch, Listen
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More