Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training
Janna Delgado, BFA, E-RYT 500, combines her training as a Kripalu Yoga teacher, Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist, and AFAA-certified fitness instructor with her background in acting to create meaningful collective experiences of yoga on the mat…
Full Bio & Programs
Iona M. Smith, MEd, CYT 500, holds a master’s degree in education from Harvard University and a 500-hour yoga teacher’s certification from the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica. She is currently a Program Leader…
Full Bio & Programs
The Kripalu School of Yoga, in partnership with Kripalu’s Institute for Extraordinary Living, is pleased to launch Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training, a weeklong program that uses the Kripalu Yoga methodology to safely and effectively bring yoga to teens.
Enrich the lives of adolescents through the transformative power of yoga.
Today’s typical teen is stressed out. Unmanaged stress is linked to a variety of adolescent challenges, including poor academic performance, substance abuse, risky sexual behaviors, obesity, depression, and anxiety. But research reveals that yoga can be a profound vehicle for cultivating self-knowledge, self-acceptance, and self-expression in adolescents.
Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training is a unique program that bolsters your skills as a yoga teacher and guides you in gaining tools that can enhance the lives of high school students through yoga.
This training provides
- A scientifically-validated yoga curriculum appropriate for high school physical education and health classes or extracurricular settings
- Developmentally appropriate lesson plans outlining the introduction of postures; centering, breathing, and relaxation techniques; and key yoga concepts
- An exploration of the teen experience through lectures on adolescent development, role-playing, and discussion
- Recommendations for effective languaging
- Opportunities for practice teaching in a simulated classroom environment to help you feel comfortable and confident in delivering yoga to a high school setting
- Practical guidance on how to effectively bring yoga into the world by partnering with high schools, nonprofits, and after-school programs serving teens.
Total cost $1,440 (based on dorm housing, tuition, meals, and a $49 resource fee)
Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training is open to 200-hour certified yoga teachers from any Yoga Alliance-approved tradition; however, there’s a prerequisite to complete the Kripalu Yoga Basics home-study course prior to attending this program if your original training is not in Kripalu Yoga. The PDF of this course is free and available via e-mail by using the link below.
Certification as a Kripalu Yoga in the Schools instructor requires supplementary documentation of classroom time, in addition to regular training sessions. This includes
- Instruction of 24 classes for teens
- Audio recording of one class
- A reference from host organization
- Six student feedback forms.
Call To Register
- see description
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $821 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,252 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More