Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training
Janna Delgado, BFA, E-RYT 500, is Program Leader for the Kripalu Yoga in the Schools (KYIS) project with the Institute for Extraordinary Living and cofacilitator of KYIS teacher trainings. She has focused on enriching the…
Full Bio & Programs
Iona M. Smith, MEd, CYT 500, is Program Leader for Kripalu Yoga in the Schools (KYIS) with the Institute for Extraordinary Living. She is cocreator of the KYIS curriculum, cofacilitator of KYIS teacher trainings, and…
Full Bio & Programs
For educators and yoga teachers interested in bolstering their skills and enriching the lives of high school students through yoga.
Unmanaged stress is linked to a variety of adolescent challenges, including poor academic performance, substance abuse, risky sexual behaviors, obesity, depression, and anxiety. Research performed by the Kripalu Institute for Extraordinary Living’s Yoga in the Schools initiative reveals that yoga can be a profound vehicle for cultivating adolescents’ self-knowledge, self-acceptance, and self-expression.
This training provides
- Practical guidance on how to effectively partner with high schools, nonprofits, and after-school programs serving teens
- A scientifically validated yoga curriculum appropriate for high school physical education and health classes, or extracurricular settings
- Developmentally appropriate lesson plans outlining the introduction of postures; centering, breathing, and relaxation techniques; and key yoga concepts
- An exploration of the teen experience through role-playing, discussion, and lectures on adolescent development
- Verbal cues appropriate for adolescent practitioners
- Opportunities to practice teaching in a simulated classroom environment.
Kripalu Yoga in the Schools Teacher Training is open to 200-hour certified yoga teachers from any Yoga Alliance–approved tradition.
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $837 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,273 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More