Kripalu Yoga Winter Retreat for the Soul
Micah Mortali teaches yoga in a variety of programs at Kripalu. For the past decade, he has been a yoga educator in public schools, college programs, and alternative outdoor settings with diverse populations. An avid…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
The practice of yoga connects us with the forces of nature and the universe. The depths of winter—when bears hibernate, trees put their energy deep into their roots, and indigenous cultures dive into the dream world—is a natural time to retreat.
This weekend, we align with the beauty and tranquility of winter, as we
- Explore breathing practices that move awareness inside (pratyahara)
- Practice holding our attention on a single point (dharana)
- Allow the mind to become absorbed in internal sensations (dhyana)
- Embrace the opportunity for rest and integration that winter provides.
We also explore and discuss the power of manifestation through intentional visioning, and begin the process of aligning with our natural rhythms in order to create a new year in step with our highest calling.
- 11 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More