LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training for Depression and Anxiety, Level 1
Amy Weintraub, MFA, E-RYT 500, director of the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute and author of the best-selling Yoga for Depression and the groundbreaking Yoga Skills for Therapists, has been a pioneer in the field of…
Full Bio & Programs
show presenter details hide presenter details
For yoga teachers and health professionals.
Learn an evidence-based yoga protocol from the authors of Yoga for Depression; Yoga Skills for Therapists; and How to Use Herbs, Nutrients, and Yoga in Mental Health Care. These practices, appropriate for a clinical setting, can safely release chronic physical tension and repressed emotion. Through yoga, discussion, and practice-teaching sessions, you
- Design one-on-one yoga sessions for anxiety, depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression
- Add somatic strategies to your clinical practice and yoga classes that increase your clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Experience techniques that you can teach your clients and students to do at home.
Amy Weintraub and a faculty of yoga and mental-health professionals are joined for one day by medical doctors Richard P. Brown and Patricia Gerbarg, who teach their Breath~Body~Mind© advanced breathing techniques.
Note Tuition includes a manual. This program has extended hours and is part of a certification course. For course prerequisites, please visit yogafordepression.com.
Additional faculty bios for this program can be found here.
- 50.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 15 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 49 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 35 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 50.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $837 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,273 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More