Mindfulness A-Z: Getting Unstuck from Regret, Perfectionism, and Procrastination
Arnie Kozak, PhD, is a licensed psychologist, clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, and faculty member at the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies. He is author of Wild…
Full Bio & Programs
For everyone; no meditation experience required.
Do you have trouble getting out of your own way? Do you want more freedom from self-imposed rules, expectations, and limitations? Mindfulness has the power to release you from anxiety-producing forces that give rise to pervasive dissatisfaction and anguish.
Arnie Kozak combines mindfulness meditation and Buddhist psychology with a narrative creative process called Story Art to teach you how to release self-inflicted obstacles. In this program, you
- Learn basic mindfulness skills through formal and informal meditation practices, metaphors, poetry, and anecdotes
- Uncover the hidden rules, expectations, and stories that keep you stuck, frustrated, and unhappy
- Transcend the harsh internal critic, restlessness, impatience, boredom, and distractibility
- Gain a working knowledge of Buddhist psychology and the neuroscience behind it to move you toward awakening now.
This life-changing program uses mindful self-exploration, humor, discussion, and the creative process to disarm painful and limiting stories.
Recommended reading Arnie Kozak, Wild Chickens and Petty Tyrants: 108 Metaphors for Mindfulness (Wisdom Publications); Mindfulness A–Z: 108 Insights for Awakening Now (forthcoming).
- 23.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More