Getting Unstuck: Moving Beyond Depression, Anxiety, and Chronic Illness
James S. Gordon, MD, is founder and director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM), former chair of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and author of Unstuck: Your Guide to the…
Full Bio & Programs
You can get unstuck and heal yourself—emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Increase your sense of control and overall health and wholeness, solve problems you’ve struggled with, and mobilize your capacity for self-healing. In this program, we
- Learn and practice a range of evidence-based mind-body techniques designed to wake us up to our problem-perpetuating patterns and move us forward in our lives
- Explore self-care techniques such as meditation, guided imagery, movement, dance, nutrition, drawing, and dialogue
- Use these approaches to deal with confusion, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as chronic medical conditions such as pain, hypertension, and diabetes.
Once you practice these techniques, you can introduce them to friends, family, clients, and patients.
Recommended reading James S. Gordon, Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression.
- 10.25 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 10 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More