This Very Moment: Mindfulness in Psychotherapy
Ronald D. Siegel, PsyD, is an assistant clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School, where he has taught for more than 25 years. He is a longtime student of mindfulness meditation, serves on the…
Full Bio & Programs
For psychotherapists, human-service professionals, and other psychologically minded people interested in personal development.
Mindfulness has been successfully practiced for more than 2,500 years and is a deceptively simple way of relating to experience to alleviate human suffering. Recently, mental-health professionals are discovering that mindfulness holds great promise for their own personal development, as a way to enhance therapeutic relationships, and as a useful intervention for a variety of psychological difficulties. In this workshop, you learn
- How to practice mindfulness inside and outside the clinical hour
- Guidelines for tailoring mindfulness techniques to different individuals and conditions
- How to use mindfulness to augment cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic, and systemic treatment
- A step-by-step, mindfulness-based program for working with anxiety, chronic pain, and stress-related medical disorders
- Ways to deal with the obstacles and challenges that arise when working with emotional difficulties in yourself and others.
Psychotherapists, human-service professionals, and other psychologically minded people interested in personal development are all welcome to attend.
- 12.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 12.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 12.5 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More