This Very Moment: Mindfulness in Psychotherapy
Ronald D. Siegel, PsyD, is an assistant clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School, where he has taught for more than 25 years. He is a longtime student of mindfulness meditation, serves on the…
Full Bio & Programs
For psychotherapists, human-service professionals, and other psychologically minded people interested in personal development.
Mindfulness has been successfully practiced for more than 2,500 years and is a deceptively simple way of relating to experience to alleviate human suffering. Recently, mental-health professionals are discovering that mindfulness holds great promise for their own personal development, as a way to enhance therapeutic relationships, and as a useful intervention for a variety of psychological difficulties. In this workshop, you learn
- How to practice mindfulness inside and outside the clinical hour
- Guidelines for tailoring mindfulness techniques to different individuals and conditions
- How to use mindfulness to augment cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic, and systemic treatment
- A step-by-step, mindfulness-based program for working with anxiety, chronic pain, and stress-related medical disorders
- Ways to deal with the obstacles and challenges that arise when working with emotional difficulties in yourself and others.
Psychotherapists, human-service professionals, and other psychologically minded people interested in personal development are all welcome to attend.
- 12.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 12.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More