The Introvert Edge: Mindfulness Meditation for Finding Peace and Quiet in a Loud and Crazy World
Arnie Kozak, PhD, is a licensed psychologist, clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, and part-time faculty member at the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies. He is author of…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Does the hectic pace of life exhaust you? Do you feel overwhelmed by the social expectations of work, relationships, and society? Do you want to inspire the qualities of introspection, deep connection, and calm abiding while minimizing the tendency to ruminate and become overstimulated? Mindfulness can empower you to embrace quiet in a robust, sustaining, and self-directed way.
The Buddha was likely an introvert, and his teachings and mindfulness methods are essential tools for introverts’as well as for extroverts who want to nurture their introvert qualities. In this program, you
- Learn basic mindfulness skills through formal and informal meditation practices
- Develop a repertoire of energy management and restoration techniques
- Cultivate self-protective strategies for coping with the extroverted demands of work and life
- Empower your introvert qualities by embracing, celebrating, and ruling your quiet domain
- Refine your mind so that you’re comfortable in slow, deep, connected thinking.
This workshop engages you through self-exploration, humor, poetry, heartfelt discussion, and a creative method for empowering your introvert talents.
Recommended reading Arnie Kozak, The Everything Guide to the Introvert Edge (Adams Media).
- 23.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More