A Wellness Retreat for People Living with Parkinson's and Their Care Partners
Aruni Nan Futuronsky, Life Coach and Program Advisor for the Kripalu Healthy Living Programs, is a certified professional-level Kripalu Yoga teacher. She has been teaching in a variety of diverse venues for more than 35…
Full Bio & Programs
Maria Sirois, PsyD, is an inspirational speaker, consultant, psychologist, and author who has worked at the intersections of wellness, positive psychology, and spirituality for more than 20 years. Maria has been invited to be a…
Full Bio & Programs
Kripalu Healthy Living, in collaboration with the National Parkinson Foundation, offers this unique program taught by a leading disorder neurologist, Parkinson’s specialists, and senior Kripalu faculty.
Are you or someone you love living with Parkinson’s disease? Learn the latest information on research, medication, and lifestyle changes that can improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.
Each day of this retreat offers both educational sessions and hands-on workshops on the benefits of movement, meditation, yoga, and conscious communication.
In this program, you will
- Learn the latest research
- Demystify medications
- Discover what you need to know about exercise and nutrition
- Learn how yoga and meditation can improve the quality of life
- Enjoy yoga, dance and movement classes, and outdoor activities
- Share and learn from each other in daily care partners breakout groups
- Develop new skills for managing stress and self-care
- Meet and connect with others living with Parkinson’s.
The sessions cover the latest information on Parkinson’s research as well as medication and lifestyle changes that can affect the course of the disease, improve quality of life, and support personal relationships. Join us as we explore how to live as fully as possible in a unique community of others facing the same challenges.
Note We currently offer two programs:
- June 10–14, 2013 (For people living with Parkinson’s for more than five years, and who meet the mobility requirements.)
- October 21–25, 2013 (Specially designed for people diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease within the last five years, and who meet the mobility requirements.)
Please call the National Parkinson Foundation at 800.473.4636 to register.
To find out if you qualify for this program or for more information, please contact the National Parkinson Foundation at 800.473.4636.
Find out more at www.parkinson.org/retreat.
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $452 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $688 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More