PranaDanda Yoga™ and Meditation Immersion
Demetri Velisarius, BSW, RYT 200, is a PranaDanda Yoga™ and Buddhist meditation teacher. A former bicycle racer, he attended a retreat at Kripalu in 1991 that changed his life purpose. He spent 12 years doing…
Full Bio & Programs
PranaDanda Yoga is a powerful method that fine-tunes the body, awakens the senses, channels energy, and stabilizes the mind. The danda, a five-foot, specially designed staff, helps support, align, and guide you through a progressive series of asanas and spiral movements that comprise a powerful Prana Vira Flow vinyasa sequence.
This form of yoga
- Sharpens attention, increases flexibility and stamina, refines coordination, stimulates both hemispheres of the brain, and balances the nervous system
- Harnesses energetic power (prana) through centered, yogic breathing timed with rhythmic movement
- Opens the channels (nadis), unifying body, energy, and mind
- Embodies the qualities of the guardian, an archetype of potent masculine and feminine energy.
The methodology offered by Demetri Velisarius this weekend synthesizes Prana Flow Yoga, Tibetan Buddhist meditation, the Indian martial art of Kalari Payat, swordsmanship, and the flow arts of boxing and dance. PranaDanda Yoga is challenging, but you don’t need to be fit or flexible to practice and enjoy its benefits. It’s easy to learn and provides a potent antidote to lethargy, stress, and distraction.
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More