Integrative Yoga Therapy Professional Yoga Therapist Training Program: Module 1
Joseph Le Page is the founder and director of Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT) and a pioneer in yoga therapy training programs. Since 1994, more than 3,000 students have participated in IYT programs, which draw on…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers who have completed or are nearing completion of a 200-hour Yoga Alliance-registered program.
Immerse yourself in one of the most established yoga therapy training courses available, focusing on the use of yoga as a true healing art. Yoga therapy can be applied in a wide variety of mainstream settings, including hospitals and health-care offices.
This foundational training includes
- The philosophy and psychology of yoga therapy
- Yoga practices, benefits, and contraindications for each system of the body and for specific health conditions
- The use of asana in healing musculoskeletal injuries
- Evaluation skills for assessing imbalance at the physical, energetic, psychological, and spiritual levels
- Movement techniques for developing strength and flexibility
- The essential principles of Ayurveda for yoga therapy
- In-depth exploration of the energy body
- Practical skills for supporting clients at the psychoemotional level, including stress management, relaxation, concentration, meditation, and yoga nidra
- Yoga-based awareness methods such as body mapping, mandala drawing, and guided imagery.
This two-week module introduces specific Integrative Yoga Therapy programs and sets you on the path toward certification.
Required reading Joseph and Lilian Le Page, Yoga Teachers’ Toolbox (available at www.iytyogatherapy.com) and T. K. V. Desikachar, The Heart of Yoga.
Recommended reading Mark Singleton, Yoga Body (Oxford University Press); Anodea Judith, Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self (Celestial Arts); The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali (We recommend Enlightened Living, available at www.amazon.com); and Chris Jarmey, The Concise Book of Muscles.
Note Tuition includes an $85 fee for a manual required in both modules. Information about IYT 500-hour certification can be found here.
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 388.50:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $1,559 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $2,371 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More