Nutrition and Cooking Immersion
John Bagnulo, PhD, teaches nutrition and fitness in Kripalu’s Healthy Living programs. He holds a doctorate in food and nutrition sciences from the University of Maine and a Master of Public Health from the University…
Full Bio & Programs
Stefanie Sacks, MS, CNS, is a Culinary Nutritionist who works hands-on with individuals and groups in transition to a healthier way of eating as a food counselor, nutrition educator and chef instructor. She has her…
Full Bio & Programs
Create health right in your kitchen.
Do you want to eat healthier and cook more? Are you a stranger in your kitchen because of time constraints or feeling intimidated or overwhelmed? If so, this program is for you!
Discover the latest nutritional research and the best ways to prepare food to ensure that you get the most out of your meals. Gain an in-depth understanding of which foods, cooking techniques, and nutritional supplements help to promote health, vitality, and mental clarity. And take home delicious recipes and a new confidence that make it easy to get in the kitchen and start cooking.
In this program, you learn
- Which foods promote health and well-being, and which increase the risk of disease and obesity
- How to prepare healthful whole-food meals
- Why how you cook foods is so important
- What role ”superfoods” can play in your life
- The art of shopping with economics and our planet in mind
- Time-saving cooking tips and techniques.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Take care of your body with a healing Kripalu Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888-738-1822 to make an appointment.
- 22.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 24 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|July 7–12, 2013||John Bagnulo, Stefanie Sacks|
|October 6–11, 2013||John Bagnulo, Jeremy Smith|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More