Nutrition and Cooking Immersion
John Bagnulo, PhD, MPH, has worked as a registered dietitian, sports nutritionist, and assistant professor for the past 18 years. He is a core faculty member of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine and teaches programs…
Full Bio & Programs
Jeremy Smith, Kripalu’s Executive Chef, graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and began his career in classical French cuisine, working in fine restaurants in the United States and abroad. In 2005, Jeremy’s love for…
Full Bio & Programs
Create health right in your kitchen.
Do you want to eat healthier and cook more of your own meals? Would you like to feel more comfortable in the kitchen? In this workshop, Annie B. Kay and Jeremy Smith share the latest nutritional research and the best ways to prepare food to ensure that you get the most out of your meals.
Come and learn
- How to prepare healthful, whole-food meals
- The art of shopping with economics and the planet in mind
- Which foods promote health and well-being
- Why the way you cook your food is so important
- Time-saving cooking tips and techniques.
Gain an in-depth understanding of which foods, cooking methods, and herbs and spices help to promote health, vitality, and mental clarity. Return home with delicious new recipes and the confidence you need to get in the kitchen and start cooking.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Take care of your body with a healing Kripalu Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
- 22.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 21.75 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|February 9–14, 2014||John Bagnulo, Jeremy Smith|
|April 13–18, 2014||Annie B. Kay, Jeremy Smith|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More