Nutrition Intensive for Health Professionals
John Bagnulo, PhD, teaches nutrition and fitness in Kripalu’s Healthy Living programs. He holds a doctorate in food and nutrition sciences from the University of Maine and a Master of Public Health from the University…
Full Bio & Programs
Lisa B. Nelson, MD, is the Director of Medical Education for the Kripalu Healthy Living programs. She received her medical degree from the University of Massachusetts in Worcester, and completed residency in family medicine at…
Full Bio & Programs
Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RD, LDN, is a leading educator, innovator, and practitioner in the field of integrative nutrition. She is author of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Great Digestive Health, the…
Full Bio & Programs
Expand your skills in clinical and culinary nutrition in this program taught by an interdisciplinary team of the country’s premier leaders in integrative health. Learn evidenced-based nutrition assessment and therapies based on whole-systems medicine. This immersion offers training focused on the science and art of nutrition, and is ideal for physicians, nurses, nutritionists, registered dietitians, and other health-care professionals who want to explore the latest integrative whole-foods approaches to therapeutic nutrition.
Deepen your insight into nutritional healing and expand your skills, including
- Past and present food theories and traditions, nutritional discoveries, and controversies
- How changes in agriculture and the environment impact human health
- Core system imbalances and their relation to common chronic syndromes and diseases
- Psycho-physiological mechanisms for how integrating yoga and other mind-body practices support lifestyle-change
- A new understanding of the dynamic relationships between digestion and health
- The critical role nutrition plays in brain health
- The foundations of Ayurveda
- Integrative approaches to nutrition assessment, including a nutrition-focused physical
- How to use whole foods and dietary supplements therapeutically
- Laboratory assessment, interpretation, and nutritional diagnosis
- Culinary medicine for common health conditions
- Nutrition advocacy and activism.
Find inspiration for your personal and professional development, including professional visioning, self-care methods, and networking with like-minded professionals.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Pamper yourself with a Kripalu Massage or Dr. Hauschka Facial
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888-738-1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 27.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 14 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More