Nutrition Intensive for Health Professionals
Annie B. Kay, MS, RDN, LDN, RYT, is Lead Nutritionist at Kripalu. Author of the award-winning Every Bite Is Divine, she is also an integrative dietitian and a Kripalu Yoga teacher. Annie is the former…
Full Bio & Programs
Lisa B. Nelson, MD, is Director of Medical Education for Kripalu Healthy Living programs. She holds a medical degree from the University of Massachusetts in Worcester and completed her residency in family medicine at Boston…
Full Bio & Programs
Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, is a leading educator, innovator, and practitioner in the field of integrative nutrition. She is author of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Great Digestive Health and…
Full Bio & Programs
Experience Kripalu’s approach to nutritional wellness.
Expand your skills by exploring the Kripalu approach to whole-foods healing and clinical nutrition. This workshop features Kripalu’s world-class interdisciplinary team of leaders in integrative nutrition and whole-person health.
Deepen your experience of nutritional healing in a training that includes
- Past and present food theories, traditions, nutritional discoveries, and controversies
- Core nutritional systems and how they relate to common chronic syndromes and diseases
- The psycho-physiological mechanisms through which yoga and other mind-body practices support lifestyle change
- Kripalu’s approach to mindful eating
- The foundations of Ayurveda
- The dynamic relationship between digestion and health, and the critical role nutrition plays for the brain and heart
- Integrative approaches to nutrition assessment
- How to use whole foods, dietary supplements, and mind-body nutrition therapeutically
- Culinary approaches for common health conditions.
This immersion focuses on the science, art, and practice of nutritional health and is ideal for physicians, nurses, nutritionists, registered dietitians, and other health-care professionals looking to find inspiration for both personal and professional development.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Pamper yourself with a Kripalu Massage or Dr. Hauschka Facial
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 27 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 14.25 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge
- 27 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 25.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|April 6–11, 2014||Annie B. Kay, Lisa B. Nelson, Kathie Madonna Swift|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More