Transforming Stress: Mindful Living and the Art of Nourishment
Susan B. Lord, MD, graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, completing her residency in family practice. From 1996 to 2007, Susan worked at the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, DC, where…
Full Bio & Programs
Address the impact stress is having on your life.
Are you feeling overwhelmed, stressed-out, or anxious? Do you experience symptoms associated with high stress levels, including weight gain, illness, mild depression, or fatigue? Come learn how to address the negative impact that stress is having on your life and regain your health, energy and clarity. Experience nourishment of your mind, body and spirit in this transformational program.
In this program, learn about the profound effects stress can have on your physical, mental, and emotional health. Working in groups using mind-body techniques, discover how awareness and mindful living can address the issues that cause you stress, enhancing your resiliency, preventing illness and improving the quality of your life.
You take away
- A new understanding of the dramatic effects that stress can have on our physiology and biochemistry
- An appreciation for the power of mind-body medicine to transform old habits and create a healthy, sustainable lifestyle
- Tools to use every day to recognize and transform stress into creative energy
- A deep, nurturing experience for yourself.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutritional Consultation
- Relieve stress with a relaxing Kripalu Massage.
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888-738-1822 to make an appointment.
- 14 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 14 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|July 7–11, 2013||Susan B. Lord|
|November 17–22, 2013||Susan B. Lord|
Read, Watch, Listen
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $452 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $688 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More