Transforming Stress: Mindful Living and the Art of Nourishment
Susan B. Lord, MD, graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, completing her residency in family practice. From 1996 to 2007, Susan worked at the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, DC, where…
Full Bio & Programs
Each of Kripalu’s Healthy Living Programs is taught by an outstanding team of skilled health and wellness professionals who draw on many years of experience working with people to turn their health around through integrated…
Full Bio & Programs
Address the impact stress is having on your life.
Ultimate self-care involves a resilient response to life’s stressors. Stress can diminish us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, causing suffering and illness. Meditation and mind-body practices offer an effective way to manage stress and transform it into creative energy.
This workshop addresses the challenge of making sustainable lifestyle changes and provides the scientific knowledge and skills to support those healthy changes. Integrative physician Susan B. Lord uses a small-group format to help you uncover personal issues that trigger your stress response.
- The science behind the stress response and how to elicit its antidote: the relaxation response
- A variety of simple mind-body modalities, including meditation, drawing, movement, and writing exercises to recognize and transform stress
- The seven steps of mindful living to change old patterns of thought and behavior
- A personalized plan to create a balanced, rewarding, and sustainable lifestyle when you return home.
Explore new ways to nourish your mind, body, and spirit in this deeply nurturing experience of self-discovery.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutritional Consultation
- Relieve stress with a relaxing Kripalu Meditative Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
- 22 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 22 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|October 26–31, 2014||Susan B. Lord, Healthy Living Faculty|
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More