Yoga for Athletes: Strength, Flexibility, and Focus
Sage Rountree, PhD, E-RYT 500, author of several books on yoga for athletes and yoga sequencing, specializes in creating accessible classes for students from all backgrounds and has contributed essays on teaching to Yoga Journal.…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels of athletic or yoga experience; no prior yoga experience required.
Yoga’s emphasis on form, focus, and breath can make you a better athlete. Learn how yoga complements mental and physical training, translating into increased efficiency and enjoyment in your sport and your life.
Triathlete, coach, and yoga teacher Sage Rountree teaches you
- Poses to increase your stability, balance, range of motion, and flexibility, especially in the hips and hamstrings
- Techniques to enhance your physical and mental endurance, while lowering recovery time and risk of injury
- How to cultivate sport-specific core strength
- Ways to incorporate yoga’s approach to mind-body integration in both training and competition.
Recommended reading Sage Rountree, The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga and The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga.
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Read, Watch, Listen
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More