Spice It Up! Creative Cooking with Herbs and Spices
Leslie Cerier, “the organic gourmet,” is an internationally recognized farm-to-table chef, recipe developer, author of six cookbooks, and educator. She specializes in local, seasonal, organic, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free cooking for health, vitality, and pleasure.…
Full Bio & Programs
A pinch of this, a sprinkle of that—the right herbs and spices enhance the flavor of any dish. This fun and informative hands-on vegetarian cooking class is designed for both novice and seasoned cooks. Gourmet organic chef, teacher, and cookbook author Leslie Cerier shows you how to use herbs and spices to make delicious, healthy, globally inspired dishes, from appetizers to desserts. You learn how to
- Stock a cornucopia of fresh and dried herbs and spices
- Create international dishes, exploring which herb and spice combinations make foods Indian, Mediterranean, French, African, Asian, Mexican, and more
- Use herbs as garnishes
- Cook beans and grains from scratch with herbs and spices
- Correct dishes that are too spicy, sour, bitter, or bland
- Make your own herbal vinegars, flavored oils, and dressings.
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More