Somatic Healing Process: A SomaSoul® Workshop
Dan Leven, RSMT, a Kripalu faculty member for more than 30 years, is the founder/director of Leven Institute for Expressive Movement. In his Shake Your Soul® and SomaSoul® programs, he trains practitioners and teachers to…
Full Bio & Programs
For healing professionals, those interested in becoming healing professionals, and anyone interested in personal and spiritual growth.
SomaSoul Somatic Expressive Therapy is a mind-body healing modality that integrates the power of Body-Centered Gestalt Psychotherapy with the heart of spiritual practice and the freedom of the expressive arts. This workshop focuses on the psycho-physical defenses that protect emotional wounds still living within our bodies. These defenses are experienced as body tensions and energy imbalances, and they can be recognized, transformed, and healed.
In this workshop, you learn to
- Utilize mindfulness of the body and the expressive arts to help unearth psycho-physical defenses
- Bring compassion to defenses that once served as sources of protection
- Work with body-centered visualization to offer healthier protections that allow for mind-body tension release
- Heal the wounds of unprocessed emotional experience by bringing light, energy, and healing into the body
- Transform destructive self-talk or sabotaging "inner voices" into raw material for personal power.
SomaSoul’s unique methodology can help you return to your full aliveness.
Note A series of four workshops can be taken either individually for personal development or collectively as part of SomaSoul: Somatic Expressive Therapy Level 1 Training. For more information, visit www.leveninstitute.com.
Special pricing Combine this program with any SomaSoul workshop and get a 10 percent tuition discount for each program. The next scheduled program in the series is The Art of Co-Facilitation: A SomaSoul® Workshop, April 20–25, 2014. Please call to register.
- 23.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More