Salsa and Yoga: Relax, Renew, and Cut Loose
Catherine Calderon has been on the path of yoga and dance for more than 30 years. A filmmaker, certified yoga teacher, professional salsa dancer, and initiated priestess in the Afro-Cuban Yoruba tradition, she performed with…
Full Bio & Programs
Paul Calderon is an Obie Award-winning actor and accomplished playwright, as well as a certified yoga teacher and salsa dancer extraordinaire. Born in Puerto Rico, he grew up on the streets of New York’s Spanish…
Full Bio & Programs
This program was just right for me. Cathy and Paul were outstanding! The dance instruction
—best I’ve ever had by far.
—Robert A., sales consultant, Austin, Texas
Return to a state of ease and inner peace through yoga, and then roll up your mat, hit the dance floor, and free your spirit to the intoxicating rhythms of salsa! You don’t need a partner, and no previous dancing or yoga experience is required; with Catherine and Paul Calderon’s playful and easy-to-follow instructions, even die-hard “can’t drag me on the dance floor” types will be struttin’ their stuff in no time.
The combination of the expansive, ecstatic celebration of Latin music and dance, and the reflective, relaxing aspects of yoga offers a powerful opportunity for freedom. Come
- Unwind, release layers of stored tension, and deeply renew through yoga postures, breathing, and relaxation
- Experience the exuberant joy and captivating rhythms of salsa
- Explore how the spiritual and cultural evolution of the roots of salsa complement the path of yoga
- Learn chanting from both the yogic and Afro-Cuban traditions as a way to open the door to Spirit.
Catherine and Paul are yoga teachers and dancers known for their enthusiasm, passion, and fun-loving approach. Come dance with the Spirits!
- 13.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 13.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $384 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $588 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More