Shake Your Soul® Teacher Training: The Yoga of Dance
Dan Leven, RSMT, a Kripalu faculty member for more than 30 years, is the founder/director of Leven Institute for Expressive Movement. In his Shake Your Soul® and SomaSoul® programs, he trains practitioners and teachers to…
Full Bio & Programs
A favorite experience of many guests who visit Kripalu is taking noon dance with Daniel Leven. People in his classes often say, “I’ve never had so much fun,” “What a joyful way to exercise!,“ and “I wish this was offered in my community.”
You can be the person who brings Shake Your Soul, the yoga of dance, to your community. It’s a special calling to inspire others to get fit in body and spirit through dance. In this training, you learn
- A dynamic repertoire of fluid and powerful movements
- Improvisational themes that support students in discovering the natural dancer within
- A class format that takes the stress out of teaching
- The six fluid movement qualities that give richness and variety to your classes
- Music that connects the body to each of those qualities.
Join Daniel for this Shake Your Soul training that offers everything you need to teach with confidence and joy.
Note Tuition includes a manual and training DVD. This 7-day Level 1 training to become a Shake Your Soul teacher is part of Daniel Leven’s professional movement trainings. Level 2 training must be completed within 18 months to retain your license. For more information, please visit www.shakeyoursoul.com.
- 45 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 45 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $821 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,252 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More