Energy Intensive: Meditation, Yoga, and Breathwork
Jonathan Foust (Sudhir), MA, is cofounder of the Meditation Teacher Training Institute and has been leading retreats and training teachers for more than 25 years. A senior teacher and former president of Kripalu Center, he…
Full Bio & Programs
Richard Faulds (Shobhan), MA, JD, has practiced yoga and meditation for more than 30 years in close association with Kripalu and is a certified, professional-level Kripalu Yoga teacher. Author of Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to…
Full Bio & Programs
For everyone; no previous yoga or meditation experience necessary.
Come experience Kripalu Yoga’s unique approach to personal transformation in a program that’s practical, integrative, and fun. Two of Kripalu’s outstanding teachers lead this exploration of the profound relationship between energy and consciousness, which is the essence of yoga and the foundation of all mind-body approaches.
Your exploration includes
- Exercises to build energy and awareness
- Guided experiences in both sitting and moving meditation
- Integrative breathwork, a technique that provides deep insight and release
- Journal writing to access intuition
- Small-group work that enhances self-awareness
- Guided massage and bodywork
- All three stages of Kripalu Yoga, including posture flow
- Social silence (speaking only when necessary) outside of sessions.
Note This program is intensive in nature and includes morning and afternoon yoga practice and an evening session.
- 23 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 23 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $369 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $564 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More