At Play with the Radiance Sutras: A Meditation Retreat and Teacher Training
Lorin Roche, PhD, has been teaching meditation since 1968 and has a doctorate from the University of California for his work on the subjective experience of meditation. Together, he and Camille Maurine are the authors…
Full Bio & Programs
Coby Kozlowski, MA, E-RYT, is a faculty member for the Kripalu School of Yoga. Her vibrant style as a life coach trainer; yoga, dance, and meditation educator; inspirational speaker; expressive arts therapist; and expert in…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels; optional meditation teacher training for yoga teachers.*
Meditation is one of life’s great pleasures, a vacation in the vibrant present. There are hundreds of meditation techniques, and, when you find the style that fits your inner nature, meditation feels like the most natural thing in the world. This retreat explores the luminous and juicy teachings of The Radiance Sutras, Lorin Roche’s new translation of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, an ancient yoga text that describes 112 meditation practices for touching the sacred in daily life. The teachings are playful, instinctive, down-to-earth, and transcendent.
Meet yourself where you are in a retreat that emphasizes naturalness, spontaneity, and being at home in the universe. You learn
- A wide variety of meditation practices
- How meditation can be more restful than sleep
- Skills for handling emotions and sensations that arise in meditation
- Techniques to blend meditation and movement.
Note *For those interested in the Yoga Alliance accredited meditation teacher training, there will be extended hours. This counts as 40 hours of teacher training (contact and non-contact hours). For further information, visit www.lorinroche.com. The training includes
- Specific techniques to guide students into meditation
- Skills for honoring individuality and modifying meditation practices to suit individual preferences
- Effective language for guiding students into healthy practice
- 112 ways to refresh your approach to meditation.
- 25 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 25 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $575 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $875 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More