Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQ) Certification: Nurturing Mind, Body, and Spirit (2-Day)
Yang Yang, PhD, is recognized in the traditional Taiji and Qigong community as a master practitioner and teacher. He is also an academic researcher interested in applying the highest standards of the Western scientific process…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers, practitioners, and everyone interested in learning qigong.
Are you looking for new material to teach your students? Would you like to attract a wider audience with an evidence-based program of gentle, restorative, mind-body exercise? Or do you just want to experience "Chinese Yoga" from a master instructor? This workshop teaches
- The essential foundation of all qigong practice
- Static (standing, sitting, and lying-down) qigong
- Dynamic (moving) qigong exercises.
The Chinese word “qi” is identical in meaning to the Sanskrit word “prana.” Come deepen your understanding of the spiritual root common to all Eastern energy practices. The nurturing, relaxing, and core-strengthening benefits of qigong offer a perfect complement to your existing yoga practice. These exercises are low impact and appropriate for persons of all ages, physical abilities, and skill levels.
Both the the 2-day (8.5 requisite hours) and 5-day (23.5 requisite hours) workshops with Dr. Yang are required for those seeking Level I instructor certification; however, the courses are non-sequential and may be taken in either order. The 5-day course is designed as an immersion training, allowing participants more time to work with Dr. Yang and to deepen their understanding of the material.
Requirements for Level I qigong instructor certification include
- 32 contact hours (one 2-day and one 5-day module) with Dr. Yang or a senior instructor from the Center for Taiji Studies, plus 100 hours of home practice
- Passing a written (open book) and performance test (via Skype with Dr. Yang). Applicants are eligible to take the test after completing 100 hours of home practice.
- Level I qigong instructors will be required to sign a written agreement indicating that they will appropriately attribute the program to Dr. Yang and the Center for Taiji Studies, and that they will not modify the program to create another program offered under a different name.
- An instructional DVD, CD, and manual are required for certification. The manual and CD are included in the program tuition. You will receive notification when the DVD is available; it must be purchased separately at the workshop or from the Center for Taiji Studies website, www.centerfortaiji.com.
- Level I qigong instructor certification is performance-based. Dr. Yang’s and the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies’ standards are high and attendance does not guarantee certification.
Note There is an additional $35 materials fee for anyone who does not already have the manual and CD required for certification.
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 61.50:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More