Teaching Yoga to Athletes
Sage Rountree, PhD, E-RYT 500, author of several books on yoga for athletes and yoga sequencing, specializes in creating accessible classes for students from all backgrounds and has contributed essays on teaching to Yoga Journal.…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers, coaches, PE teachers, and personal trainers.
As more and more athletes credit yoga with taking their performance to the next level, the field of yoga for athletes is growing. Specializing in yoga for athletes allows you to share yoga’s benefits with a new, receptive population. Sage Rountree, a pioneer in the field, has multifaceted experience as a coach, athlete, and teacher working with endurance-sports athletes and collegiate teams.
In this intensive, you
- Discuss the needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to yoga practice
- Survey exercise physiology relevant to yoga
- Investigate ways to modify classes for athletes of various sports and levels of experience
- Design sequences appropriate for specific needs and different points in the training cycle
- Explore the pedagogy and business of working with athletes.
Gain a new awareness of the parallels between yoga and sports training and leave empowered to teach yoga to athletes.
Recommended reading Sage Rountree, The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga and The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga (both from VeloPress).
Note Tuition includes a manual.
- 22.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More