Yoga for Emotional Balance: Healing Anxiety and Depression
Bo Forbes, PsyD, E-RYT 500, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, sleep disorders, and stress management. Founder of Integrative Yoga Therapeutics, Bo conducts…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
The World Health Organization estimates that by 2030 depression will be our highest global disease burden. How can yoga help change this trajectory? When we integrate the principles and practices of yoga and mindfulness, we have the strongest chance of ending this epidemic.
In this immersion with psychologist and yoga therapist Bo Forbes, we draw from emerging research in neuroscience to work with the neural principles that create change. You learn
- How to access and change the mind-body network
- How the nervous system, immune system, enteric nervous system, and emotional body impact emotional imbalance
- The five primary interventions for anxiety and depression
- How to create "embodied insight" and optimize the body’s role in emotional transformation
- How to craft a daily therapeutic practice targeted to your needs.
Experience the integration of breathing exercises, postural adjustments, restorative poses, and other therapeutic elements to balance the nervous system, quiet the mind, energize the body, enhance immunity, and regulate emotions—creating the building blocks for transformation.
Note This workshop includes a Saturday early-evening clinic and early-morning classes on both Saturday and Sunday.
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 6.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 12 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 12 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More