Yoga and the Luminous Body
Ray Crist was initiated as a healer and teacher by the Quero Indians in the Andes of Peru. He holds degrees in Chinese medical herbology and Thai Yoga (Bo Ran northern style), is certified in…
Full Bio & Programs
For everyone in good physical condition.
This program is for people seeking greater knowledge of the realms of energy and their impact in the physical world. Gain a clear understanding of how to use the world of subtle energies in your yoga practice and in everyday life for spiritual growth and optimal health.
Blending yogic teachings with shamanic practices, Ray Crist has crafted an empowering journey of transformation that includes
- The World of Energies—explore the energy that yogis call prana and ancient healers termed "the luminous sphere," and discover how the chakras connect prana with that same sphere, shaping our relationship to the world
- Yoga Asana—experience the inner movement of prana in the body and the effortless equanimity of yoga postures, studying foundation, rotations, actions, drishti points, and the geometry of subtle anatomy
- Soul Retrieval—take a shamanic journey into the four compartments of the soul for empowerment and self-discovery.
Recommended reading Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything (Broadway), Taisha Abelar, The Sorcerer’s Crossing (Penguin), and Alberto Villoldo, Shaman, Healer, Sage (Harmony).
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More