Yoga for Cancer Teacher Training
Tari Prinster is a cancer survivor, yoga teacher, writer, and presenter, and was recently featured in the documentary Yogawoman. For the past 10 years, Tari has developed a unique, carefully constructed system of yoga poses…
Full Bio & Programs
The training was so comprehensive. It covered everything from A to Z, from What Is Cancer? to working with survivors long after diagnosis, surgeries, and treatment. I could not get over (and still can’t) how much I learned in just five days.
—Maura B., 2012 OM Yoga WCS graduate and yoga teacher
For yoga teachers with min. 200-hour certification from any lineage.
Yoga can be healing and transforming for cancer survivors. In a training that offers specific yoga tools to help students, friends, and loved ones challenged by cancer, you
- Acquire insights into the emotional and physical needs of cancer patients and survivors
- Develop confidence to teach yoga that is safe and cultivates hope for all types and stages of cancer
- Learn the science behind yoga’s transformational gifts
- Discover how and why yoga strengthens the immune system, builds bone, restores post-surgical strength and flexibility, addresses lymphedema, and aids in nervous system relaxation
- Analyze appropriate and inappropriate poses
- Create class plans and do lots of practice teaching.
This unique 45-hour training curriculum includes lecture, demonstration, discussion, observed practice-teaching sessions, individualized feedback, and tips on starting a cancer survivor yoga program. Return home inspired to expand your teaching practice and ready to offer smart, caring yoga classes (private or group) to women cancer survivors.
Note Two hours of reading prior to the workshop is required in order to meet the 45 hours needed for CE credits; readings will be e-mailed two weeks before the training.
- 37 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 37 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More