Yoga Ed. Professional Institute 1 Foundations: Teaching Children's Yoga
Joan Nichols, E-RYT, a Yoga Ed. trainer, founded Inspire Yoga as a supportive community focused on strengthening and challenging the mind and body to create a peaceful spirit. Joan began practicing yoga to heal a…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers and educators with strong yoga experience.
Learn how to use yoga to connect with kids in a classroom setting. This transformative training focuses on yoga for children in pre-K through fifth grade (ages 3 to 12) and equips you with the basic principles and tools you need to effectively teach children in an academic environment.
In this program, you learn
- Yoga techniques to promote children’s physical, mental, and emotional health
- How to read and relate to children through understanding child development, anatomy, physiology, and learning domains
- Ways to effectively tailor yoga classes to meet children’s varying needs.
Note Tuition includes a 350-page digital manual, a Yoga Ed. tote bag, a zip drive with 24 pre-made lesson plans for each grade, and a Yoga Ed. Color Overview with stickers and pen.
- 28.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 28.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $575 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $875 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More