Yoga for the Nervous System: Healing Anxiety, Insomnia, and Chronic Stress
Bo Forbes, PsyD, E-RYT 500, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, sleep disorders, and stress management. Founder of Integrative Yoga Therapeutics, Bo conducts…
Full Bio & Programs
For everyone; no yoga experience required.
Anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, and chronic stress exist not only in the mind, but also in the brain and body. The nervous system is the gateway to changing these emotional patterns: When it’s in a constant state of overdrive, change is difficult at best.
This workshop explores
- The neural principles that underlie progressive change, and how change really happens
- Three ways to shift out of anxiety
- How to create your own therapeutic practice
- Ways to identify and use your neural and emotional “dimmer switch”
- Methods for accessing your body’s wisdom and modulating its energy
- The three pillars of fearlessness.
Learn to integrate breathing exercises, postural adjustments, mindful yoga poses, and restorative poses into a therapeutically sustainable practice. Psychologist and integrative yoga therapist Bo Forbes teaches ways to balance the nervous system, quiet the mind, energize the body, regulate emotions, improve resilience to stress, build your reserves of fearlessness, and catalyze the emergence of your extraordinary inner potential.
Note This workshop includes a Saturday early-evening clinic.
- 11 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 11 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- 11 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 9 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 11 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More